We will all have our own answer to that question. According to a recent study, the answer might be “yes”.
It says that people in well-off countries can help avert climate breakdown by making six relatively straightforward lifestyle changes:
- Eat a largely plant-based diet, with healthy portions and no waste
- Buy no more than three new items of clothing per year
- Keep electrical products for at least seven years
- Take no more than one short haul flight every three years and one long haul flight every eight years
- Get rid of personal motor vehicles if you can – and if not keep hold of your existing vehicle for longer
- Make at least one life shift to nudge the system, like moving to a green energy, insulating your home or changing pension supplier
Something to think about, anyway! Read the Guardian article.