Here is an invitation to take part in the national launch of Tapatahi: Coalition for a People’s Aotearoa.
This is a citizens’ coalition of the organisations working to bring in the changes Aotearoa needs NOW to tackle inequality, colonial injustice and climate and ecosystem breakdown.
Nāu te rourou, nāku te rourou, ka ora ai te taiao me te iwi
With our collective contributions, the environment and the people will thrive
There are face to face meetings in 3 venues (Tāmaki Makaurau, Porirua and Ōtautahi), with speakers in each venue shared via video link, and a chance to connect with people in your area.
The Porirua meeting is on SUNDAY, JUNE 25, 2023 AT 2 PM – 5:45 PM
In Porirua, meet at the Oasis Community Café, Shop 19 Waitangirua Mall (at the back of all the shops – look for the bright coloured mural Cafe entrance)
The Cafe will open at 2pm and the event will begin with a Mihi Whakatau at 2:15, and discussion of climate issues arising for Ngati Toa.
Hear about the coalition programme:
● To strengthen our democracy and Tiriti justice
● To meet the needs for housing and income security and reverse decades of escalating inequality
● To protect the climate and ecosystem we all depend on for our survival
● And more
Speakers include (linked by video):
● Dr Arama Rata (in Tāmaki Makaurau)
● Dr Sue Bradford (in Tāmaki Makaurau)
● John Minto (in Ōtautahi)
● Dr Mike Joy (in Porirua)
● Samah Huriwai-Seger (in Tāmaki Makaurau)
● Facilitated panel discussion
MC Catherine Murupaenga-Ikenn
To protect vulnerable people, please wear a mask and stay away if unwell.
Virtual participation won’t be available but the speakers and panel discussion will be recorded. For more information and to see the video when we post it, see www.tapatahi.nz
Email email@example.com for updates.