Climate groups around New Zealand are marching and protesting for climate justice again!
In Wellington, School Strike 4 Climate Wellington is organising this event (FFF only helping out a wee bit this time).
What are their demands?
Their demands are:
- Reduce emissions now – 50% real reduction by 2030, without relying on offsets
- Enable 100% transition to regenerative agriculture by 2030
- Prioritise Te Tiriti-centred climate justice
- Lower the voting age to 16
Actually, pretty much the same demands as we had for the 3 March climate strike!
Where and when
- Friday, 26 May
- Meet at Civic Square at 11am
- March to Parliament soon after, arriving around noon