The Climate Club is an e-newsletter you can subscribe to for climate activism you can fit into your busy life. It’s run by a trio of volunteers.
Every week, they send you an email about climate campaigns in New Zealand and world-wide – along with actions you can do that will take 5 mins, 10 minutes or 15 minutes of your time.
For example, this week’s edition includes:
- a Green Party petition to the Minister of Finance asking to save our regional rail services
- a 350.org petition to the president of the Democratic Republic of Congo to cancel their plan to auction of blocks of land for oil exploration – including land within the world’s second-largest carbon sink
- a reminder to get enrolled so you can vote in the local elections
- the handover of the petition to Eugenie Sage, to stop sending plastic waste overseas (at Parliament on 26 July, at 12.30pm)
- a link to an article about how emissions increases with wealth
Speaking of climate activism…